GUEST BLOGGER GUIDELINES
Are you a tech-savvy Guest Blogger? Then you came to the right place. Because today, business leaders as well as individuals are into technology. As soon as you’re using a smartphone or a computer you’ll be connected to the world-wide-web. IoT (internet of things) became a part of our everyday life. Finally, we have to make business and technical decisions about how we want to connect the world. Join our discussion on how blockchain technology and the use of cryptocurrency can create a better, faster, safer, and freer world.
iMi Blockchain is the leading platform dedicated to blockchain and cryptocurrency. We work with the industry’s top universities, thinkers, and companies to tell the stories that drive this technology forward. We strive on a daily basis to educate, teach, and answer critical questions. Privacy, speed, security, immutability, trust, transparency, and ease of use are the main advantages when it comes to decentralized peer-to-peer networks. Hence, it’s our mission to explain blockchain and cryptocurrency in simple and easy to understandable blog posts. Our content lives at the intersection of entrepreneurs, enterprises, and each individual, as the birthplace of this game-changing technology. So let’s explain the impact of every industry.
- We cover Blockchain and distributed ledger technology
- We cover Cryptocurrency
- We cover Smart Contracts
- We cover ICO’s
- We cover new topics no one has covered or even thought of yet
- We also cover existing topics, but with a new angle or insight
- We are provocative, but backed by data and rigor
- We are controversial and sometimes combative, but always driving towards a conclusion
- We answer questions
Not Our Focus
- We don’t cover Apps (rare exception: An app that has connected decentralized blockchain driven solutions)
- We don’t cover general Financial topics unless they are clearly Cryptocurrency related
- We don’t follow individual campaigns
- We don’t cover games, gambling, unproven ICO’s or uncertain Cryptocurrencies
Guest Author Guidelines
iMi Blockchain is seeking guest authors who can clearly contribute. Contributors to enhance our relevant content with valuable and unique information. You are free to pick any topic you like, as long as the topic does contain one or more keywords mentioned above. All content shared is intended to help our community of readers. Let them understand the technology, including how to invest in, apply, and benefit from it.
We welcome high-quality guest bloggers. Contributions from experts who fit our content style and topic. The content should attract those who are beginners or advanced users of this disruptive technologies. Let us help them to bring solutions to the masses around the world.
Don’t Annoy Us
Like everyone, we get a lot of e-mails. Be aware, we just delete them as anyone else does. Sending us e-mails is not free. It’s time-consuming for both sides. And the irritation it causes is fungible. No one likes to be irritated. Then we just ignore your message which might have been important.
So please, help us to help you!
It should be clear by now, but… If you send us an inappropriate pitch on something we clearly do NOT focus on, it will be ignored and deleted. If we don’t reply, we’re just not interested because you didn’t match our requirement. Yes, we understand that “Spam” is in the eye of the beholder. But we know inappropriate when we see it.
Kindly don’t do follow-up e-mail asking us if we’ve had a chance to read your inappropriate pitch. It will be deleted too. Ask us again, and you might have the chance to be blocked completely.
Blockchain and cryptocurrency are hot buzzphrases, but inserting it into a non-crypto pitch will not magically get our attention. In fact, it may garner our scorn, or perhaps even public ridicule.
And anything – racially, religiously, politically, whaterverly – will be terminated with prejudice.
We’re happy you made it so far. Looks like we’re good to go ahead. Then let’s get it done.
Submit Your Guest Post
We love to read from you! To make your guest post stand-out from others it is crucial to follow a few rules. While some are nice to have, some others are a must to provide. Simply follow the following steps and we’re good to go together.
1. Write and Submit Your Author Bio
It’s not a must, but you can establish an author profile with us. For your bio, please include the following information:
- Biographical information, which will be attached to every post that is published on our iMi Blockchain Blog
- The Bio is limited to 200 characters
- Add your social media accounts, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Medium or Instagram
- Add your personal or company website along with the URL
- Add a 200×200 pixels profile photograph (Gravatar)
2. Blog Post Length
- Blog posts should range from 1,000 to 3,000 words. Preferably, we aim for 2,500 words or more
- Longer blog posts provide more relevant and helpful information and keep readers on our site
- Longer, in-depth posts are also more likely to be picked up by Google and some of our media partners
- Press releases should range from 300 to 600 words
3. Citations, Links, and Relationships
- The first two links in every post must point to relevant internal iMi Blockchain content that relates to your topic
- Use external links for any third-party perspectives, evidence, and statistics
- Only use credible sources, including research studies and major publications, and do not use Wikipedia links
- Disclose the nature of any relationship with a company or person that is mentioned in your content
- If your post is a non-sponsored, non-affiliated product review, there needs to be a disclosure included at the top and bottom of the post
- If you use a quote within an article, you may only link to their Twitter handle unless previously approved by our editorial staff
- Please do not overly self-promote your own business if you include it in any of your content, or we may remove links.
- Our editorial staff reserves to right to add rel=”nofollow” to any link or remove a link attached to words or images before or after publication
- Do not link to any questionable sources or industries, such as pharmaceuticals, gambling, casinos, payday loans, adult, pornography, etc
- Buying, selling, or trading links that appear in posts are strictly prohibited
4. SEO Best Practices
- HTML formatting related to headers (H1, H2, H3, H4), bulleted lists, bolding, etc., while links are bold and underlined
- Use 1 category only and up to 5 tags
- Shortened titles in the meta title section
- Alt tags for any images used in the blog post
- No keyword linking
- All quotes must be cited properly
- If there is a link in the post that isn’t valuable to the reader, it’ll be removed
- Write in US English only
- Write out numbers from 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Write percentages as digits
- Use one space after all punctuation
- Use the Oxford comma format
- Headers in H2 tags and sub-headers in H3 and H4 tags
- Capitalize all words in H2 headings, while H3 and H4 tags only capitalize the first letter
- No spam or div tags
6. Images and Videos
- The featured image must be 1200 pixels wide and 630 pixels tall
- Images and or videos within the blog post should not be wider than 870 pixels
- Use center alignment for photos within the blog post unless they are aligned with the text
- Send us at least one image per blog post and place it within the first approximately 150 words
- If you want to include images, please also share them via an online service (Flickr, Dropbox, etc.) and include the link. You can use your own images, but please note that. Note the source if you are using an image from a photo licensing service like AP, Getty, or Shutterstock. Also, include the name and email address of your representative so we can verify that you have rights to the image. You are solely responsible for obtaining these rights. By submitting a post, you represent and warrant to iMi Blockchain that you have done so
- All images must have alt tags and title attributes. Use the title of the post or a brief photo description
- Do not use charts, graphs, or illustrations from other websites unless our editorial staff has approved it
- We do not accept any images that have a brand, logo, or external links displayed on them. There should not be any branded images that may appear to make the post into sponsored content
- Memes are not acceptable images for our site
Our Publishing Process
- You can apply to become a contributor here
- When submitting, make sure that the document is accessible to anyone with the link and do not share it via a specific email address
- After you hit the “Submit for Review” button, here’s how our process works for reviewing the content:
- Our Editorial Assistant checks that it follows our editorial guidelines
- The post undergoes a copyeditor review
- If the editorial staff has requested that you make changes, they will inform you
- Once all editorial changes are completed, your post will be changed to “Published” status, which can take up to 4 weeks
1. Be Social Everywhere
First, if you have not already done so, please make yourself an account with each of the following social media channels:
- Twitter – Follow us, like and re-tweet as many as you can
- Facebook – Like, comment, and share a few posts because it helps us grow
- Medium – We have one of the most popular Medium publications on blockchain technologies and cryptocurrency
- Linkedin – Follow us, like, and comment a post or two
- YouTube – Subscribe to our channel because it increases our views
2. Apply & Contribute
You can apply to become a contributor here.
If you are an agent (PR, media relations, professional guest blogger, etc.) submitting on behalf of your client and it will be a one-off submission for publication, you should submit through the same process.
If you’re a freelance writer interested in ongoing work, or a guest poster looking to talk to our audience on an on-going basis, you’ll need a Read/Write profile. It’s free and critical if we’re going to be working together a lot.
- Once you submit, our Editorial Assistants will look at the post for content, grammar, etc, and they will make the determination to publish it
- Any posts submitted not matching our content guidelines will be deleted without further notice
We’re very busy, so you may never find out why we didn’t ultimately take the submission, but generally, if it hasn’t been published within two weeks, it’s probably not going to be posted.
iMi Content Verticals
If you’re a freelance writer looking to pitch us story ideas or a PR/media relations person with a press release, then please familiarize yourself with the iMi Blockchain blog and its verticals.
We deliver our mission to our audience with a tailored set of content verticals designed to engage our readers, foster conversation, and drive community.
These verticals are:
- Industries – We cover any type of industry where blockchain can make a difference
- Guide – A beginner’s guide is always welcome as long it is clearly blockchain- or cryptocurrency-related
- Platforms – We cover all platforms related to blockchain and cryptocurrency but no FIAT nor stock platform only
- Dapps – Pitch any app you like as long as they are decentralized
- Crypto – From bitcoin to dash as long as the token is globally recognized as valuable and for sure no scam
- IoT – The foundation of IoT is always fine as long as the innovation is blockchain-based and decentralized
- Finance – Always interesting as long as your pitch is clearly about cryptocurrency and nothing else
- Governments – How governments implementing blockchains, tokens, or CBDC’s
- Education – We can’t get enough from how to’s and educational stuff
Examples of Great Guest Posts
If you’re interested in some examples, here are a few posts that we think nailed what we’re looking for from guest authors. They’re analytical and intelligently critical.
- How to Get Free Bitcoins – 8 Hacks to Earn Bitcoin in 2020
- Bitcoin in the Future – Proven Top 15 Experts Predictions
- Real-World Uses of Blockchain in 2020
To participate in our guest contributor publishing program, we have established a set of guidelines listed below.
- To maximize the search ranking potential, there should be no duplicate content issues
- Content can only be republished on Medium but NOT on any other nor personal site until two weeks after being live on our site
- If we see a post published anywhere besides our site or your company or personal site, then we will remove your post from our site
OUR GUEST POST POLICY
- We don’t guarantee to publish your submission, but we will review it and make a yes/no decision on publication. Because of the high volume of submissions, we’re not able to give timetables on review or feedback beyond an acceptance or rejection. Please don’t e-mail us to ask about the status of your submission because this leads to further delays.
- We reserve the right to edit the post as needed for style, content, length, etc. We try to give guest authors a chance to review our edits before going live, but iMi Blockchain retains final editorial control
- By submitting a post to us, you are affirming that the content is original to you, the author, and has not appeared elsewhere online or in print
- We don’t pay for guest posts
Benefits of Guest Posts on iMi Blockchain
Here are some of the benefits of providing us with high-quality and relevant content:
- Author Bio on the iMi Blockchain website
- Exposure to millions of readers that could be your target audience
- Syndication relationships with a wide range of media companies
- Followed by all our Social Media accounts
If this all sounds good, then we look forward to receiving your submissions. Apply to become a contributor below. We look forward to working with you.